A First Look!
One of the most talked about and toughest decisions to make as you plan your wedding day! Joel, my husband, and I decided to not do a first look and keep the day traditional, but quite often I look back and wish I had done one. After watching so many of my couples experience the beauty of a first look I can’t see the reasoning not to do one, it is just such a special bonus on your wedding day. So, I thought I’d give five pros to doing a first look that were the reasons I wish we had done one as well!!
1. This is your wedding day, and you should get to see your soon to be husband for as much of it as you can! If you do a first look you will gain around 2-3 more hours with your future husband compared to if you waited until the ceremony to see them! Why wouldn’t you want to see them as much as you can?
2. It gives more freedom and flexibility in the timeline. When you do a first look, you are then able to do all the bridal party photos and even all the family formal photos before the ceremony. Then, once you say I Do, you can enjoy celebrating will all your guests at the cocktail hour instead of being pulled away for photos! I know your bridal party will be excited that they can eat food and grab a drink earlier!
3. If you do a first look, I will find a quiet and secluded area for the two of you to share this moment together! Then you can take as long as you want to fully take in the moment of seeing each other on your wedding day and just talk! I’ll have a zoom lens on so you won’t even notice I’m there. It will just be a time for you two! A lot less pressure then if everyone was watching you and seeing how you reacted!
4. Right after the first look you’ll gain an extra 30 minute bride and groom session before we go into full bridal parties photos. Who doesn’t love more portrait time of just you two!!??
5. Many couples are nervous that if they do a first look then the walk down the aisle won’t be as meaningful! Which is totally not the case. Then the groom doesn’t feel as much pressure on his reaction when he sees you for the first time. He will be a lot calmer and honestly, it often causes them to tear up them because they are a lot more relaxed during the moment and can be themselves!
~XOXO Heather Marie